10.1 Fibobelly confidence interval hypothesis test

With attendance having bottomed out, a shared tape measure was used to measure the fibobelly distances. This term the 10.1 homework was updated to use the spring 2024 data, but 10.2 and 10.3 both continue to use the fall 2023 data. I opted to leave this arrangement for now as 10.3 really makes the most sense when it builds directly on 10.2. I could have changed all to the spring 2024 data used in the 10.1 homework, but I decided that having some variety in the calculations is also beneficial. 

The class opened with the Fibonacci numbers and ratios on the left side of the white. 


With only eight students the tape measure worked well. WiFi was out, so use of the tablet was also out. I entered values using my phone on a cellular package. The use of the tape measure proved propitious - I could walk around with my phone and enter numbers as the students measured them. I could also correct measurement errors as they happened. This term, using the tape measure, I opted to have them measure in inches. 


The measurements shown are the raw measurements in inches. 


As noted, attendance has been exceptionally light this term.


Still, with only eight ratios, 1.618 was ruled out of the 95% confidence interval. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia