Closing the loop on assessment

During the time between terms is when I am reminded of the keystone that keeps my assessment loop closed. Once I finish my term end assessment I go to work on my calendar and syllabus for the next term.

Not an HTML table: an SVG graphic with every element a hyperlink

My combination calendar-syllabus is actually an HTML5+SVG page built using only text editors. This allows me to tuck comments directly into the code. As the term progresses I make notes in the comments of the actual web page.

SVG code with comments underneath the pseudo-table seen above

What I did when, and why, are in those comments. I also slip in links to blog articles with more details on what I attempted and whether it worked. Thus assessment is fresh in mind when I work on the syllabus, and all the notes from prior terms are there before me in my code as I work on designing the next run of the course. Coupled with a statistics text that I also control and the course evolves and improves term after term based on assessment.

Popular posts from this blog

Box and whisker plots in Google Sheets

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia

Creating histograms with Google Sheets