RipStik sine wave trigonometry

I introduced chapter six, section four of the Larson Alg & Trig text with twin RipStik runs at two different frequencies. Neither run was timed, I opted to focus on wavelength rather than period and frequency to introduce wave concepts.


I opted to use three sheets of paper end-to-end.


 I then made a low speed pass north side pass, unstable but with the hope for a higher frequency.


My second pass was on the south side at speed but I did not well hold my line of travel. I have learned in the past that moving the paper east helps, but a class was in session in A203, so I did not want to risk disturbing that class.


Hard to see, but the north pass was amplitude 3.5 cm with a wavelength around 42 cm, highly variable however. The south pass came in at about an 80 cm wavelength, also 3.5 cm amplitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia