RipStik sine wave

Physical science chapter nine wave forms began with a RipStik run as in prior terms. This term, however, I did not walk down to A101. A brand new, week old piece of new cement on the east side of the library caught my eye. A contract has been let to re-top the sidewalk from the LRC to the A and B classroom buildings. About 8 meters is complete, seriously smooth new concrete. The poster pad was still in my office from the Gymnosperm presentations, so I opted to run the swizzle first, go to class later.



A few students walked that way, so I had some help, but no photographers. The first run was downhill, which did not work well. The pass was fast with a small amplitude, long wavelengths. I reversed direction and went uphill. That pass can be seen above.



I then used the swizzle wave to explicate wavelength, amplitude, period, and frequency. The homework was to graph y = 3 sin (0.1611 x) where 0.1611 is 2*pi/39 cm.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia