Screen sharing via the cloud

Years ago I watched demonstrations of early versions of software such as Timbuktu which could, among many other capabilities, allow a teacher to share a screen to all the other computers in a computer laboratory. Although the college remains bandwidth constrained during the business day, today I stumbled into the ability of Google docs to mimic this capacity. 

I had a Google docs spreadsheet open on the SmartBoard in MS 150 Statistics. I had emailed the URL to the students, who then opened the same spreadsheet using the URL I sent. As I made changes on my spreadsheet, the changes were reflected in near-real time on the spreadsheet open on the student's computers.
With the bandwidth future appearing brighter for the college, this capability may become more useful in the classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia