RipStik Forces

Noting that I seem to topple off of my Stik more often and harder than my son, I ran a crude check on the minimal force required to achieve linear acceleration of the RipStik. The force data is based on earlier acceleration measurements.

time (s) d (m) velocity (m/s) acceleration (m/s²) Dana (kg) Son (kg) Fdana (kg m/s²) Fson (kg m/s²)
0 0 0 0 65.91 27.27 0 0
3.43 4.6 1.34 0.39 65.91 27.27 25.77 10.66
6.02 9.2 1.78 0.17 65.91 27.27 11.07 4.58

The force to accelerate me is larger by the proportion of my mass to my son's mass. I am exerting far larger forces through the caster wheel system. 

The result is that when I do hit a crack, rock, or hole in the cement, there are far larger forces at play. With increasing force, things go wrong both faster and with more destabilizing consequences. Or at least this is my excuse for spending more time getting acquainted with the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia