Noah's Ark Water Park

Today the gang of fifteen descended on Noah's Ark Water Park in the Wisconsin Dells, self-proclaimed to be "America's largest waterpark." Although I am in my fifth decade, this was the first water park I have ever entered, hence I cannot comment on any claims as to whether the park is the largest or potentially best water park in America. It is clearly the largest and best water park that I have ever been in. All one of them.

Being a water park and being as one spends the day getting wet in interesting and new ways, I spent the day sans camera. Only at the end of the day did I grab a couple shots. At the very end of a long day in the park, my son and daughter hit Tadpole bay. My son enjoyed the zip line.
My daughter and my sister both demonstrate balance and grace walking on the inner tubes... er, never mind, scratch that balance and grace. Both went into the water.
My daughter just prior to hitting the water.
Of all the rides I enjoyed Slidewinders the best - good, old fashioned slides on which you sit or lay and ride without any equipment. One can really play with the water layer under one to increase one's speed.
In the photo above the Slidewinders are blue, above them is Time Warp, a centripetal ride which ends with being flushed out of the center.

The day had begun with a family journey down the Kowabunga. Then we and played in The Wave. My group of four headed to the Bermuda Triangle, but when my son hedged and stayed with mom, it was my youngest daughter who said she really wanted to try the ride. Although a tad nervous at the top, at the bottom she had one word, "Again!" We would go two more times, ending with the highest chute.

From there we did Slidewinders (all three chutes) and then Black Thunder (both Twin Twisters and Witches Gulch). Before the day would end my youngest would even tackle Dark Voyage and Time Warp. While she opted out of the The Plunge, she was game for almost any chute ride which would let her on.

The day ended with a grandchildren's group hug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia