Post-kava exercise recovery

In an earlier completely non-scientific study of my post-kava (Piper methysticum) exercise recovery as measured by minutes of running I determined that I needed six days before my average running duration returned to my long term average. That study included 154 days. I recently updated the data. With 217 consecutive days in the data set, recovery now appears to be even longer at seven days.



As noted in the original study, this inveighs against the concept that a once-a-week kava (called sakau here on Pohnpei) recovers his or her physical endurance within a couple days. This also suggests my own estimate of a four day recovery underestimates the impact of kavalactones.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia