Escaping the silo

At present each social networking site is its own silo, you cannot invite friends who are on other social networking sites. Thus there are students at the college with five, six, even seven social networking site presences in order to keep up with all of their friends. The solution is a way to trade identities between sites, and FaceBook has taken a strong step in this direction by teaming up with OpenId. I ran off to apply for my own OpenID, only to learn that I already had one due to this very blog. So instead of "Let my people go" maybe the new rallying call will be "Let my friends roam!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia