Faculty workshop January 2025

Comments on and suggestions for the Monday morning offices information sharing presentations

  • Provide a handout so that faculty and refer to the important information during advising.
  • None. All presenters did their work wel

List two things you liked most about the Monday and Tuesday sessions

  • I appreciated the fact that we were informed of what is expected of us before we resume classes. I am also so thrilled that I and the others had the opportunity to get assistance from Fiji. A great thank you to Administration Office!
  • Moodle and Financial Aid
  • Not too long and responsive to questions. 
  • Moodle training and Financial aid presentation 
  • Presentation from Moodle was well clear and makes me understand.
  • one on one moodle training
  • We are able to work together
  • We are able to learn from our neighbor states.
  • More participated, and somewhat clear


List two recommendations for improvement of the Monday and Tuesday sessions

  • Attendance and Punctuality as well as mutual understanding in terms of communication. ( A tiny bit of misunderstanding about the Moodle sign up for one-on one training).
  • Need a professor to assist in Moodle because they are more familiar with LMS and have past experiences.
  • The smartboard screen is hard to see from the back of the room. 
  • Have he people who make the Moodle transition on site 
  • Someone to really pay attention to off-island faculty to address right away. Have a designated person to handle other state campus questionnaire 
  • Not what most of the instructors needed. Especially for those who had already completed their migration before the holidays. 
  • More trainers to assist faculty in need about moodle.
  • I would recommend a face to face workshop
  • A list of agenda should be send to all.

From what you know of Moodle at present, what areas should future Moodle training focus upon?

  • I am grateful that  Fiji was able to help and I hope I could be on my own after I grasp how to do all the steps. Now I need to put my questions in the question bank for quizzes and tests, very convenient. 
  • Weighting grades, creating quizzes with different formats.
  • How to correct students work as uploaded files within Moodle, rather than download the file and make corrections to it.
  • We have to try it out with the students first to see what works and what doesn't. 
  • Setting up assignment need to be more specific 
  • sharing link on moodle and videos
  • How to set up gradebook.
  • Setting up a quiz and grading system

What area(s), if any, would you have wanted coverage of and which were not covered in the workshop?

  • I think everything was covered, if there are two Fijis it would be perfect, however Sean was helping us too.
  • quizzes on Moodle.
  • Using Moodle as a gradebook with face-to-face sections. 
  • I need more training on how to send email from Moodle like the one on Canvas 

Any other comments on the faculty workshop?

  • None for now.I went to my office on Tuesday, so I cannot rate the workshops on that day. 
  • Please do a survey on what we actually need for the workshop - especially the moodle part as most contents are too basic, and overlapping with the early December Zoom trainings. 
  • To have IC work together along with DAP to send out Agenda 2 to 3 days before. To have all state campus join system workshop and later they can have their own workshop.
  • Training on moodle need to be face to face training 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia