Physci RipStik wave

Waves started with a four sheet set of poster pad paper pre-taped. But the El Niño influenced trade winds were having none that. Ripped the sheets apart between the first and second sheet.

I was left with only three sheets. And once again I was do focused on holding a straight line that I missed shutting down the timer at sheet end.


The newer board left a very sharp track.

I then proceeded with the usual coverage of wave concepts. Once I traced the shape, I asked what the shape might called and whether a mathematical equation could produce the shape. No one would answer. I asked each student by name. None knew, although some had taken MS 101 Algebra and Trigonometry. 


Which always leads me back to "Mathematics class does not teach mathematics." The answer is not more math classes. Doing more of what is proven not to work isn't going make it work. 


The wave would have a 57 cm waveleng, an amplitude of 6, and a frequency of 2 Hertz.

Mesenda takes notes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia