Climate El Niño Typhoons Weather Clouds
The morning session opened at 9:30 with an updated playlist focused on climate change and the incipient El Niño. I skipped the second half of the current first video. I jumped out of the playlist at the end of the fifth video at 10:00. This playlist is altered and updated every term to reflect the most recent information, and the focus this summer was on the developing El Niño. Launching from the videos that noted the arrival of a new El Niño cycle, I delivered a presentation on El Niño that could use updating to reflect the end of the triple dip La Niña. This provided a segue into a presentation on typhoons that have struck Pohnpei. This wrapped up at 10:41 AM.
I began the 11:30 session with an introduction to weather sites including:
- National weather service Guam
- National weather service Pohnpei
- Satellite imagery
- Tropical Tidbits Storminfo page
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center
- Himawari real time
- Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
- Windy (with the appropriate caveats)
Then I covered precipitation types.









Comments
Post a Comment