Affective domain survey in physical science summer 2022
Students were asked what was their favorite laboratory and what was their most disliked laboratory.
Laboratories one and thirteen were the most favored laboratories. Laboratory seven was the most disliked.
Reasons that laboratory was liked:
- One: It’s the first laboratory we did that I felt and knew it will be an interesting course.
- One: Because it taught me that some brands of soap can float
- One: Learned that some brands of soap can float
- Twelve: because i learned so many things from how they work with electricity and how they operate their systems when there are problems. I
- Thirteen: because i can see it with my own eyes about it and also it is very easy to tell whether it is an acid or base. It's interesting to test the way things change.
- Thirteen: because I get to actually do lab experiment and it was pretty fun when you actually get to work with others
Reasons that a laboratory was disliked:
- Seven: I don’t understand what we were doing
- Seven: because i'm not really good at using GPS and in locating things...lol
- Seven: It's just that I didn't attend the longitude and latitude session therefore I kind a confused during our trip to the Lelu Ruin
- Seven: Just because it was the most challenging lab to understand
- Seven: Most difficult to understand for me
- Fourteen: because I hate math either, I haven't find' s out why is the real subject in math I like the most. Maybe math can perform in an interesting and fun way.
What did you like about using Canvas?
- The way it shows what we have to do on time
- i like canvas, it's kind a like more update than Schoology. everything's set's to date but good enough.
- it's easy to use and when doing my assignments.
- It has a lot of chances for make-up and it nice to know the score right away so I can see what and where I did wrong to make it up next time
- it is way better than Schoology
- Easier to use and navigate
- Easy to use and navigate
What did you dislike about using Canvas?
- Nothing
- canvas is somehow complicated for the first time . nothing more is difficult with it
- nothing. i find it very helpful.
- nothing much, It's just the slowing of the internet that made it difficult
- none
- none
- none
The students were asked to pick one of the statements below and respond to that statement.
- My learning of the content was most helped when… because…
- The activity that contributed the most to my learning was… because…
- The biggest obstacle for me in learning the material was… because…
- I was most willing to take risks with learning new material when… because…
- During the first day, I remember thinking… because…
- What I think I will remember five years from now is… because…
- What is something you learned to do in this course that you could not do before?… because…
Student responses:
- During the first day, I remember thinking that I can’t be in the class because I know nothing and felt nervous..but then again here I am learning and having fun with the same course I doubt myself about….The course is more interesting
- at first i was struggle with my time at work to attend class session, but when it comes to the midterm lecture's i could finds out that, what i does in this lab class is very useful and related to life. Q#1 helps me a lot. prepares me to see that thing's in life we can prove it right in our data collections.
- During the first day, I remember thinking that this course will be hard and I might not make it because the second day, I remember my instructor (Dana Lee Ling) gave us a paper to work with. It's about slopes and graphs, which I think it's hard for me to solve because I'm not really good at math. I thought I might not make it and the course would be so difficult, but since I only have one week left in this class, I'm thankful for my instructor for spending so much time in teaching us. We (the students in Kosrae) are very lucky to have him over this summer that we get to finish and be able to graduate.
- I was most willing to take risks with learning new material when it comes to science because to me, my heart is in anything that relate to learning about life. In science, I get to know how something works like reproductive system for both humans, animals, and plants. I also like it when I figure something so ordinary to be something very valuable like the one I just learned this summer; the petal of every flowers has its mathematical relationship. I also like science when it comes to debate between science and the bible. It really does boost up my beliefs. In fact, my favorite subject was math, which relate to science and makes it a perfect combination. That's why I really loved my job as a health worker, just because it's so easy for me to understand science and math. But just because I want to finished my degree here in Kosrae, I change my major to Pre-Teacher Preparation, which still in my satisfaction level because I'll get to know other field as well to boost my learning and understanding. So all in all, I am ready and willingly to take the risks with learning new material when it comes to science.
- okay..according to question number seven, one thing that I didn't know before is the scanning thing.. thanks for letting me understand or learn how do to that
- During the first day, I remember thinking this class would be difficult for me because I dislike science


Comments
Post a Comment