First light for Dropout Detective

Today was first light, to borrow an astronomical term, for Dropout Detective. Immediately upon opening the app I was made aware of three students in my course who were identified as being at risk of dropping out of my course. Two of the students were students for whom I was aware that they were struggling, but the third was one I had missed.


Within an hour I was able to meet with two of the three students and follow-up on the missing work that underlay the high risk index position. I am still looking to follow-up with the third student. That the system surfaced students I expected to see surfaced was reassuring, that the system was able to surface students I had not realized were in difficulty in the course, that was real value to me as an instructor. This is the real time dashboard that I need to see students in difficulty at a glance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia