Green Steps 5k and essays

The Green Steps 5k run/trash-a-thon walk/tree planting triple header was held under clear skies with a bright morning sun - unusual conditions for Pohnpei.

With each run he keeps pace with me ever farther into the route. This morning the run began at Pohnpei Islands Central high school track and field, heading down main street to the Spanish wall from the days of Santiago de la Ascension. The turn-around was at the wall, and he kept apace of me all the way into Spanish wall.

As most participants walk and pick up trash along the route, he came in fourth overall behind Norris, myself, and a cousin of a neighbor.

Not far behind was my eldest. The youngest had overnighted at the home of a friend and did not make it out for the event. After the run I had to dash home, shower, and then head up to the college to spend the rest of the day marking college entrance test essays along with a team of nine other graders.

The essay marking exercise is always informative, albeit a seven hour long haul through a blur of papers. My ethnobotany essay marking rubric is an outgrowth of the entrance test essay rubric. I added spelling, doubled content value, and the section on penmanship and format. I would later adapt the ethnobotany rubric as a part of the rubric for marking laboratories in my writing intensive physical science course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia