Waves day two
Waves day two featured more of an on ramp to an indoor laboratory. From the rope the explanation moved into springs and standing waves, both transverse and compressional. The compressional wave was hard to do with a fixed endpoint, the solution appeared after class when two students demonstrated the value of having anti-nodes on both ends of the spring.
Other equipment used on this day included a PVC pipe for demonstrating tones. The SMARTboard's microphone still clips the waveform on the Academo online oscilloscope. The oscilloscope at Dood.al does not function on the Android on Linus based SMARTboard. And I couldn't get the signal generator at sciencemusic to retain a clicked point. I apparently overlooked the Sustain button at the bottom. I shifted to using the SMARTboard as a tone generator and the Tripltek as a oscilloscope display. New options would help, although the sciencemusic generator has a nice waveform graphic.
The stopwatch is new this term, a one off purchase with thousandths of a second resolution.
Board notes. There were also some sketches done on the RipStik wave to show parallels to the spring transverse waves.


Comments
Post a Comment