Ethnobotany first two days

Day one was a brief introduction to the course followed by a walk to the Premna serratifolia, Premna obtusifolia, Macromitrium. A kidou at the drainage ditch was the starting point. Once again the students seemed unable to name their plants. 


Day two, Thursday, was stripped down to a sole focus on iNaturalist. No coverage of Canvas was given. I first introduced the iNaturalist web site, tried to give the students a sense of the scope and breadth of the site. I covered the difference between wild and cultivated plants. Only then did I move into the presentation. I then had the students download iNaturalist and get logged in. Following this we walked to an area west of the LRC to get a first observation. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia