Heat conduction

The loss of the Monday video on an MITC scheduling collision pushed the heat and temperature videos back to Tuesday.



I used YouTube on the SMART board in A204 to show the six video Eureka sequence on Heat and Temperature, then showed the video on Conduction of Heat. I was fortunate this term that A204 is available at 9:30, this is simply too useful for this course.

I then ran a laboratory exploring the heat conductivity of different materials.

Hansha watches the temperature change

One student did put a 50 degree Celsius thermometer in the boiling water bath and the thermometer cracked. I had cautioned them in this regard, but my explanation perhaps could have been clearer.

Gino watches for a temperature change

Marlinda gathers data


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia