Banana patch clean-up

One of the term start activities in ethnobotany is cleaning up the banana patch. The exercise helps set a pitch in and work physically tone to the course.

Rodrigo cleaning near the uhten taiwang

Nette and Melissa cleaning near the purported uhten pisi (Fiji)








Yoma


Jayme makes do with a plastic knife


Jayme in the foreground with an actual knife


Myra

Via-Marie

This term the primitive plants presentation preparation will precede the primitive plants hike for the first time. I used today to begin to sort out native language speakers. Yoma will tackle Kosraean and Melissa Woleian. I then asked for someone who has one parent from Kitti, and one not from Kitti. Via-Marie said she did, and I will have her tackle the pronunciation difference. The presentations will be a week from Thursday, so this is the earliest in the term I have started sorting students for that presentation. This Thursday I will see if I cannot have the students choose their partners and then I will assign the groups to the tasks.


 
Nette




Leeron and Via-Marie

Henry






Looking cleaner



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia