Playthings I


Good weather on Monday caused me to set aside the plan to show Physci 154 The Universe is a Simulation. I opted to run a playthings exercise using Djubi slingballs. I did suggest that the launch angle be kept relatively constant, whatever angle a group chose. 

Rulers were used to measure the pull distance, the 30 meter tape measure was used to measure flight distances. 

Malachi is the puller, Ian will measure the pull distance

I eventually settled on recommending groups of four: a slingball puller, someone to hold the ruler, a data recorder, and one member downrange to retrieve the slingball.

The pull distance measurement


Stella is a downrange slingball retriever

Siniann looks at where the slingball has landed, Leriangelica is recording data using her phone


The class had a special guest today


Measuring the flight distances


The layout had the downside that students were in the line of slingball fire



Renae, Mia, and Alathea making flight distance determinations


Darian, Ruth, and Siniann


Her right thumb is raised so she can thumb scroll YouTube videos while watching the video that is playing. She is already learning to split her attention between a video that is playing and a list of potential videos to watch next. Her brain is organizing itself to handle this task - neuroplasticity. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

From Canvas to Moodle