Fruit salad

Canned fruits were prepurchased and refrigerated 24 hours in advance.

Class opened with a couple fruit type videos. These bought me set up time. Attendance was heavy, only two absences. I set up a 5×5 grid of bowls. I loaded the bowl with half of every can except for the Fiesta. I dumped in the whole Fiesta can.

I ladled a single scoop into every bowl, which emptied the bowl. I then refilled the bowl with the remaining half cans and put a second scoop in every bowl. The cans seen in the image provided two scoops to the 25 bowls. This was first term the canned fruit supply was exactly exhausted. Shish kabob sticks were optimal for exploring the fruit pieces one by one. The mangos were reported to be sour. 

Setup requires at least 15 minutes and benefits from presetting. The videos did not appear to help with the fruit typing. The students were partly distracted by my setting up.

I pulled up the fruit type table from the text.


The submission is online, text box or document upload. Joana enters the fruit name and type using her cell phone. My courses try to emphasize cell phones as tools.

Jaser studies a piece of frui

Jordan and Shaquille 



Mary May works on her document 

Sharla considers her fruit salad 


Ashli Gwen and Mary May. A class where phones are uncaged and in productive use

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia