GPS hide and seek

Each term I spend a few days considering hides for the GPS hide and seek activity. I gave the most serious consideration to a hide among a small stand of Clinostigma ponapensis I only stumbled onto this term.  This location is just to the northwest of a place I hid in 2010. Yet when I went out onto the campus on Monday to find my hide I settled on the most unorthodox location yet: a hide almost in plain site and not out in the remote fringes of the campus.

This term the hide was not out under a bush or tree, nor buried in the paddle grass

Faustino Jr. on lead GPS for group one

I thought this might be the easiest term, yet no team reached me until after 12:15 PM. That is faster than a hiding spot out in the fringes, but was still useful. The porch would prove to be a more useful place to query the searchers on what they learned.

Keilana, Christian

The group had apparently taken the activity to be a race and had done some running. The group initially had gone too far north into the soccer field before realizing their error, correcting, and coming back south to the correct line of latitude.

Gary

Elianson, Collin

The second group had followed the first group with Elianson on the GPS. The third group had worked independently to find me, with Nicky on the lead. Group four never arrived - they would be found later near the office. They had apparently approached the gym and then turned around. Note that group one decided to sit down and hide with me, so groups two and three joined in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia