The sporting life

A fine morning for a bit of a horse ride in the country side.
Shrue takes hold of the reins during a change in riders.
A rider who is rapidly learning her way around horses.
Following the equestrian activities, ping-pong. Turns out that hay bales do not make a good, level surface for a ping-pong table.
Next to the hay bale mounted ping-pong table, a combination badminton and volleyball at a height determined not by regulation but rather by the placements of branches on the old oak tree.

Yesterday evening while some of the group rode bicycles into Argyle, I jogged a 12.1 km loop into Argyle in 1:18:30. I followed the cyclers into Argyle on Valley Road, meeting up with them near Rossing's store. I then ran up to the water tower and did a single "lap" around the base of the water tower. I went home via state route 78, a road too dangerous for the cyclists which included children.

Such is the sporting life in summer in Argyle - equestrian events, team sports, and aerobic exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moodle bulk grading of manually marked quiz and test questions

Experimenting with the PlantNet and iNaturalist apps

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia