Saladin dual pane file manager

The extended temporary loss of ADSL at home has forced me back to using a USB key to synch critical files. I abandoned xplorer2 years ago because the program stealth altered the search behavior of FireFox.  Looking for a dual pane file manager with synch capacity led me to look at Double Commander. I could not learn how to get Double Commander to handle synch chores, but Saladin was a quick easy learn with an interface that is better integrated into Windows 7.


The package is small with the 64 bit Win 7 version only a 4.9 Mb download. The files highlighted in red above were selected using Control-Shift-M directory level comparison. The red represents the newer files, a drag and drop brings the USB drive in I: into synch with the hard drive copies.

As the other unit to be synched is Lubuntu 12.04, I tried Tux Commander but it would not launch. A note in the reviews suggests Tux Commander has problems with 12.04. I then found that Gnome Commander ably did the job as a very capable dual pane file manager. Both are in the Lubuntu 12.04 repositories.

Popular posts from this blog

Box and whisker plots in Google Sheets

Creating histograms with Google Sheets

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia