Pineapple Flower

When I was a child I was puzzled by the fruit that grew under its plant. Growing up in the midwestern United States I had no idea how a pineapple developed. Only that the fruit showed up in the store with the plant growing out of the top.
Only once I moved to the tropics did I learn that the plant on top grows after the pineapple plant flowers. What does a pineapple plant flower look like?
These are the flowers of Ananas Comosus.
The plant that grows from the top of the pineapple is only just starting to form in the crown of the inflorescence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plotting polar coordinates in Desmos and a vector addition demonstrator

Setting up a boxplot chart in Google Sheets with multiple boxplots on a single chart

Traditional food dishes of Micronesia